Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Friday, October 26, 2007

Liyan's (Long Open) Shawl/Shrug (Finally!!)



Pattern: Long Open Shawl
Yarn: GEMs cotton/polyester yarn (216m per ball)
No. of Balls: 3 with a little left
Hook size: 2.5mm (Me: With such thin yarn and such small hook, it's no wonder I took so long.... The other me: yeah yeah, excuses. =='')
Modifications: As I'm using such thin yarn, I'd to repeat the pattern width wise. After crocheting to a length that I wanted, I sc 1 row around the shawl. To create the shrug, I sc 2 more rows lengthwise on each side. On one side, I also created button holes by chaining 2 instead of sc on the 2nd sc row. On the other side, I sewed on pearly buttons.

Can you imagine that? Liyan's birthday was over by almost 3 months already! ==''' The shawl/shrug thingy's finally done today, and I also managed to crank out a simple shawl pin a while ago. On with the pictures!

It's almost as long as the width of my queen size bed!

A close up of the pattern!

Me holding...

As a shrug...

As a normal shawl.. A bit short but enough to cover the arms. Excuse my dorky face....

As a poncho using the simple shawl pin I've made as the closure. (For some reason, this angle makes my face look fat.... ==)

Another way to wear the shawl... Will be either making Liyan a closure elastic with matching color or buying a matching hair band.. Yup, that black stuff's a hair band... And sorry for my weird face again.. I must have moved when taking the photo...

One of the pearly buttons!

The simple shawl pin~ ^.^

Will give this shawl a wash, and a simple block; and then off to Liyan it will go! Hope she likes it...

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

天呢@.@

Anonymous said...

Chris,我很想你!!你现在好吗?忙什么?我还处于四处找工作和房子的处境里>.<(现在住的房子又不合适了要搬)。我blog换地址了(http://happyhope.blogbus.com),不过现在也没多少时间上网写。想找你们录歌,但Julienne最近更麻烦,她可能很快要离开法国了..T.T有空就给我们留言..

Rhinestic said...

hao3

chantc said...

How come the last picture you look like you're surprised? :p

Rhinestic said...

Dunno.... Hard to take my own pictures... And most of the pictures, i look like an idiot....

chantc said...

Got difference between looking surprise, and idiot. I said looking surprise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...