Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Monday, October 17, 2011

Lined Floral Culottes + Peasant Blouse



Yes, I did finish the belt band of the floral culottes in case u think that I procrastinated again after the October 5th post.. >< Even though I wasn't really in the right frame of mind and was feeling kinda down over the weekends, I did get off my bum (and off my laptop/work... I know.. I should be resting.. ><) and made a peasant blouse to match the culottes.

I got the pattern from this Japanese sewing book called I L<3ve Liberty Print (Don't you love the dress on the cover?).



And it's pattern number 7, if you want to know...



... and if you look closely, you'll realise that my blouse seems to look a little different from the model's. I decided to go for shorter sleeves and a shorter bodice. Instead of gathers, I chose to do pleats, which in my opinion, looks neater.. And um.. my ribbon closure isn't permanent. I figured I'll probably attach different ribbons or even types of closures when paired with different bottoms... So I just tacked the ribbons to the collar instead of permanently fixing them between the bias tape folds.



Remember the tiny crochet scarf that I posted about a couple of weeks back? That's the same scarf I was wearing in the above photo... =)

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...