Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Simple Retro Wrap Top (the one from LIFE Archive)

Photobucket

And so, I really did try this. Something to bust out my 1m fabric stash. Haha.

Photobucket
Happy New Year!!

Photobucket
Front and side

Some info bites
Fabric: Thin cotton?? (Forgot the material...)
Notions: Black ribbon, black bias tape
Notes: I used a rolled hem foot to create tiny rolled hems for the side sleeves portion. The black ribbon is attached to the front panel as I do not have enough fabric. I used the black bias tape to finish the raw edge of the neck-hole (mine is different from the original).

As I already mentioned in an earlier post, I first saw this on Kathleen's blog (Grosgrainfabulous). In her post, she also showcased Freshlygiven's version (repurposed from a grandma's skirt) which looks amazing and very kimono-ish. Love!! Freshlygiven's also generous enough to provide a tutorial on how she converted the grandma's skirt to the groovy-lookin' blouse. Do check it out!

2 comments :

Erin said...

I love this idea very clever top and love your version!

Anonymous said...

I came to your site via Vera Venus's pinterest page. Lovely to see how this wrap round blouse has turned out, in cotton rather than the silky fabric used in the magazine. Lovely work. Well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...