Saturday, December 31, 2011
And so, I really did try this. Something to bust out my 1m fabric stash. Haha.
Some info bites
Fabric: Thin cotton?? (Forgot the material...)
Notions: Black ribbon, black bias tape
Notes: I used a rolled hem foot to create tiny rolled hems for the side sleeves portion. The black ribbon is attached to the front panel as I do not have enough fabric. I used the black bias tape to finish the raw edge of the neck-hole (mine is different from the original).
As I already mentioned in an earlier post, I first saw this on Kathleen's blog (Grosgrainfabulous). In her post, she also showcased Freshlygiven's version (repurposed from a grandma's skirt) which looks amazing and very kimono-ish. Love!! Freshlygiven's also generous enough to provide a tutorial on how she converted the grandma's skirt to the groovy-lookin' blouse. Do check it out!