Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Christmas Tree Patisserie - #3 Usagi Snow-Skin Mooncakes

That's because today calls for a celebration of the Chinese traditional festival, the Mid-Autumn festival, also known as Mooncake Festival. I still recall my mum bringing my little bro and I out to play with lanterns in the evening of this special day. In the 80s, they used to set up stages and have the emcees giving out riddles for the audience to answer. And of course, this festival is not complete without this sweet treat called mooncakes.

Here, I'd made a few clay miniature snow-skin mooncakes in the shape of Japanese rabbits, mainly inspired by the real Japanese-style snow-skin mooncakes sold at Takashimaya.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...