Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Friday, December 23, 2011

Vintage convert

Perhaps I'm easily influenced but after some major Christmas gifts shopping for friends and colleagues (frankly speaking, the influence was mainly from my colleagues), I've a whole new appreciation for vintage stuffs.

As I was digging my way through pages of vintage finds on Etsy, I found myself drawn to vintage suitcases, vintage letter press stamps, vintage sewing machines, vintage beads, vintage apparels and ESPECIALLY, vintage sewing patterns!

I've seen my dear colleague sporting vintage clothing pretty frequently and though I'm not really a dress person, I've taken an almost obsessive liking to vintage fabric prints and the cutting of vintage dress patterns. I like it how vintage dresses seem to bring out the best of the fabric used.

After days of pondering and scouring over Etsy for a vintage sewing pattern suitable for my size, I finally laid my eyes on this pattern:

Vintage Sewing Pattern 1970s McCall's 4093 Cowl Neck Maxi or Mini Dress with Tie Sash Size 8

I love the cowl neckline (it looks more flattering on me than a high neckline) and the smart use of the tie sash as a belt for the dress. And I'm so happy to receive the pattern a couple of days back! Woo!

I also found this in a recent Grosgrainfabulous post. Very very simple top and looks like it's really easy to customize! Might try one day.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...