Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Monday, February 04, 2013

Piped Lemon Cookies

Since the Chinese New Year is round the corner, I finally got to making a proper batch of the cookies after the trial attempt a couple of weeks back.


A few days after the trial attempt, I realized why my cookies were too buttery.. The original recipe calls for 1 cup or 2 sticks of butter, and instead of finding out what 1 cup of butter is in grams, I took the 2 sticks of butter as the final value. I had halved the recipe, so I used a stick of butter that I had on hand.. Guess what? My stick of butter measured at exactly 1 cup (227g)! I had used twice the amount! Good grief~ 

This time round, I used the right amount of butter and tweaked the recipe a tiny bit.

Ingredients (amount halved from the original recipe)

1 1/8 cup top flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
3/8 cup icing sugar

1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup raw sugar
2 egg yolks
lemon zest from 1 lemon
slightly more than 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Directions:

1) Sift flour, icing sugar and baking soda.
2) Whiz butter and raw sugar in food processor until well blended.
3) Add zest, lemon juice, egg yolks and vanilla essence until thoroughly mixed.
4) Add the sifted ingredients from (1) and whiz until thoroughly mixed.
5) Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Cover baking sheet with aluminium foil and lightly grease.
6) Pipe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch-wide circular swirls (or any shape) 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.
7) Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 minutes until the bottom edge of cookies start to brown.
8) The cookies will be a little soft to the touch when it is just out of the oven. Let them cool down completely   to harden a bit before removing.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...