Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Daiso Maniac Saturday: #4 Dark Steamed Bread

Today's Daiso special is.... Tadah!


Kuro Mushi Pan Mikksu or Black Steamed Bread mix.. Each packet is 200g, a pretty big packet enough for at least 6 medium sized cupcake containers. As you can see from the photo above, there's a sticker stuck to the packet. That's actually the translated recipe for this mix. Funny thing is it only shows the steamed recipe and not the microwaved recipe. Hmm.

I've tried both ways but I think the steamed version is softer and more moist. And all you really need is  water. (You'll need egg and milk for the microwaved version) Since I was only making for myself, I measured 50g of the steamed bread mix.


I then measured less than 1/4 cup of water and laid out my ingredients for mixing.


Since that's not a lot of powder mixture, I poured the water directly into the cup and mixed thoroughly.


I set aside this mixture and prepared my steamer. Once the water in the steamer came to a boil, I divided the mixture equally into 2 muffin cups (that was all I had that moment..) and placed them in the steamer.


Instructions said to steam for 15 minutes until the surface cracked. I did that but  saw no cracks.. I steamed a little longer but still nothing. Ahh, well...


They still looked pretty. Here's how they looked after I peeled off the muffin paper..

Soft and moist!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...