Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Monday, May 19, 2014

A Belated Handmade Gift for Mum

I did get my mum 2 Clinique lipsticks. However, after reading an article about the origin of Mother's day, I decided to make something for her, albeit belated. 

Had a few ideas in my head but I went with screenprinting my own fabric and making an all-purpose pouch for her.


If you have been following my blog for the past year, you'll probably recognize the print that I had designed for my textile art class. This final almost burgundy-ish color of the screenprint paint was mixed using a few different speedball colors. I should have added some blues to make it a complete burgundy! I also added a strap and charm to finish the piece.

Recently, I had all my shop and branding logos made into rubber stamps professionally. I decided to test my branding logo on the bag with some Tsukineko fabric ink.


Quite nice. :) With all the stamps made, I could finally start making my proper name cards as well as the bags which I'll be selling. Yay!

Anyway, I'm so excited for this Saturday! There'll be a yarn bombing session in Singapore (Finally! And it's legal!) and I'll be participating!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...