Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Thursday, July 03, 2014

What I Have Been Up to Part 2: Not Quite A Farmer (Kranji Countryside Farmers' Market)

Last Saturday and Sunday, I had the honor to participate in our country's first ever authentic Farmers' market as a vendor selling handmade craft items, with tremendous help from Ed on both days. Despite the market being located at the heart of our only countryside called Kranji, turnout was better than anyone expected and the market was a roaring success. We didn't do all that bad either. =)

About a couple of months back, I was invited by the Kranji Countryside Association to join as a vendor for the market. I had my initial doubts, but Ed egged me on to participate. I could have started preparing for the market quite early on, but yarn bombing and craft partying decided to get in the way. =P

So, right after the Etsy Craft Party, I had to start thinking of what to make and sell for the market, while (at the same time) being busy with new items for the Etsy shop and other commitments on weekends. It's nothing short of a miracle that I managed to keep myself afloat those few weeks and got the things all done in time. (It'll be nice if I could create kage bunshins.. Any Naruto readers out there? The manga's getting weirder and weirder by the moment.. Ok, I'm digressing..)

My signature Almost-a-cube coin pouches in a new assortment of fabric designs

Made a few fabric eco-bags (that look like plastic bags). Sold out the bags with cat prints on them.

Emulating a plastic bag. But prettier (I do love my steampunk.. at least for this bag), and more eco-friendly.

We had a slow start on Day 1 (which kinda affected my mood a little) but everything picked up after. Really appreciate the couple of friends and my dear supporter (you know who you are, gal!) who made all their way down to support Rhinestic's Knick Knacks. Thank you to all the lovely souls for your kind words and of course the greatest thank yous to all who made their purchases from my booth (I know a few of you came back to make another round of purchase. I couldn't thank you enough! And I must really apologize again to the lady who came back for a second purchase and I had a momentary memory breakdown. I guess my facial recognition mechanism fails when I start feeling tired. Or maybe I'm just getting old... :/  )

Part of my booth. There were buttons, pins and necklaces too!

All in all, it had been a great experience. My only gripe is that we didn't have the time to walk around the market and enjoy the yummies!

(All the items that I sold at the market were made especially for the event. But I will be listing similar items in my Etsy shop soon! Do stay tuned for shop updates!)

2 comments :

The Emerald Dove said...

Love everything you made! I am also running a stall for the first time at a market this weekend selling lavender bags. :)
theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

Rhinestic said...

Thanks Emerald! All the best for your first time at the market!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...