Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Crafting Quick Tips: Printing Thick Papers That Are Smaller than Letter Size on Epson R2000

Hi hi Peeps! It's been a couple of months since I've last updated my blog (and shop..)! Have been really busy with my sis-in-law's wedding over here and at Germany, and before I know it, 2 months have passed!

Anyway, recently, I have been making some art prints using my (technically, it's the husband's) new Epson R2000 printer and Harman 300gsm fine art papers. Everything went well when I was doing the A4 prints. However, when I tried going down 2 sizes to 8" x 10", things became bonkers....

Firstly, my printer settings refused to let me choose anything 8" x 10" and smaller with the manual rear feed.. So I thought about leaving it as A4, but shifting my print to the top-left most corner, so it will still print correctly in my 8" x 10" paper. But you know what? That didn't work since most of the time, the printer would be complaining about paper jam. I was perplexed!

In the end, what really worked was putting a piece of A4 (or letter-sized) carrier sheet behind my 8" x 10" paper. The carrier sheet can be any office printing paper. Just make sure that the art paper is placed at the position where it's going to be printed. For my case, within the print settings in Photoshop, I still chose the A4 size and I placed the print at the top-left corner. Over at the printer, my 8" x 10" paper was flushed to the bottom-right side of the carrier sheet before both were pushed through the rear feed.

Kind of finicky, but at least, it works.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...