Rhinestic's Knick Knacks

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New WIP: It's about the Pockets Dress

I know, the name sounds lame, but the pockets on this dress really stand out!

Photobucket


Initially,I just wanted to test my altered pattern of the Tulip Tea Dress from Sew Hip magazine (after putting much effort into creating the muslin a couple of weeks back). But after staring at the fabric, I decided that the Tulip Skirt portion won't look good with it.

I was searching around for inspiration for the skirt part and loved the idea used on variation number 4 of the skirt from the Burdastyle Sewing Handbook. However, instead of using the slightly curved/A-line pattern from the book, I used my own rectangular pattern pieces due to the horizontally-placed prints on the fabric.

As for the sleeves, I used the original Tulip Tea Dress sleeves, but made them much shorter. I also skipped the pleats at the sleeve hems. This gives the dress a bit of a ruffled cap-sleeves look.

The dress is almost done but I still need to hem the sleeves and hand-sew the facing to the back of the zippers.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...